From the Race Director
With just under a week to go before the NEWTON RUNNING SA DUATHLON CHAMPS, we here in KZN are looking very much forward to welcoming you all to the Zulu Kingdom.
A lot of hard work has gone into this event and we truly hope that you have a race experience that is well worth remembering well into the future.
Just a few side notes from myself and the team
- This will take place at the dam resort on SAT 12-3pm.
- We will be handing over the race numbers as well as some goodies from the sponsors, I am sure you will be happy with the gifts
- Race Briefings will commence at 3pm in order of youth/Junior and then Senior race route recce will be held for the youth athletes around 4pm. We can take you over the bike as well as the run routes if need be, coaches/Parents, please come with as we will also relay on you to direct the correct information to each of your athletes
- For those athletes that want to train on the route, please be advised that the cycle route is not close and is open to traffic, please be extra careful on the road if you do venture outside of the resort area.
- The run route inside the resort area will be accessible and is a great opportunity for you to warm-up and train on the route
- We will be using bib numbers with a chip – please make sure you don’t forget this once you have received it from your team managers
- Race Belts are advised
- Check in will commence at 5:30am
- We are asking that all athletes are racked before 6:45am – in advance of the youth race.
RACE TIMES and RACE COURSE
- Please check your start time and go over the maps pertaining to the exact run and cycle routes
- A race briefing will be held before each race to ensure you athletes are all on the same page with both the officials and the correct race format and distances
As mentioned, a lot of work has gone into this event and we are hopeful that you have one of the best ever Duathlon National Events ever experienced
We look forward to seeing you all this coming weekend
Take care, train hard – travel safe – see you at MIDMAR
Glen and Gerrie and the Triathlon Plus SA Event Team